Saturday, May 21, 2011

BACK IN TRAINING

I started Marley back in agility 2 weeks ago. We are doing short sequences with her and always end on a happy, positive note. She is doing so well. We are all so pleased with her behavior and progression.

I am feeling tons better. I have started getting regular sleep and feel like a human again. It just shows you that our dogs feed off of us. When I was really down is when Marley started pushing me and acting out. I felt so bad that I didn't care and let her get away with it. That's when our agility troubles started.

But we are back together as a team and working well on the agility course. We are entered in the Tulsa AKC trial next weekend. I have always said I won't travel for AKC agility b/c to me it's a waste of time and money. I can run my dog 5 times in USDAA for the same cost of 2 AKC runs. Anyway, we are going b/c we can do Obedience and Rally. I am wanting to finish Marley's CD title. I entered agility b/c we were going to be there anyway. We have decided that I am to review the course maps and decide then if I want to run Marley in that event or not. Our goal for the weekend is the CD!

Marley continues in her Ruff Love training program. She is a better dog for it! There are still people that feel they need to voice their opinions about the program. But they've never had a dog like Marley. I continue to receive encouragement from my training group about Marley and I need to learn to let the haters comments roll off my back and move on. But sometimes I let their comments get to me and it gets me down. People need to keep their comments to their self. I don't make comments out loud about their dogs...Lord know I could though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment