Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 REVIEW

2011 was a year of highs and lows for me. I started out the year by recovering from surgery where I had an open wound in my back for close to 2 months. Then I broke my hand and Marley got diagnosed with a chronic lower GI condition all in the same week.

Just 2 months later Molly became very ill and lost 20% of her body weight. Then Marley got bit by a water moccasin and was out of agility for about 2 weeks. Then she had a hip flare up and was out of agility again. During this time my mom was in and out of the hospital. I was at a trial in MS when my mom became real ill and we had to race back to AR in the middle of the nite.

Marley had a severe hip flare up in August and was out of agility again. Through it all, Marley remained a happy girl. Then my mom unexpectedly died and my world fell apart. Then towards the end of 2011, Marley sprained her front leg and she sat out of agility again.

Although 2011 was a rocky ride for me, we had some great moments. Marley finished 10 agility titles, 2 rally titles and her 1st obedience title. She also got her 1st Snooker Super Q winning the entire class and earned her 1st Steeplechase Qualifying round. I wonder what we could have done if we had both had a healthy year.

Molly and Missy are both healthy and happy. They enjoy their daily outings into the woods to explore.

Here's to hoping 2012 is OUR YEAR and things go positively for us.

1 comment:

  1. A new year with hidden opportunities we will discover along the way.

    I pray God's grace will carry us through.

    ReplyDelete