Sunday, December 15, 2013

SHREVEPORT AKC

Miss Kalea-Kate had a good trial last weekend in Shreveport. She earned a Q/1st in Excellent FAST on Saturday. It was a send to teeter, then to jump, and then out to a tunnel. It was a course that had 2 send lines, which was a first for us. I haven't trained teeter from a distance but this is the second time we have encountered them in FAST so that is now on our training list. She had a beautiful Excellent JWW course going until I did a blind cross at the tunnel and wasn't fast enough and she blew past a jump. Her time was still fast enough that she would have won the entire Excellent/Masters JWW class. She had a beautiful Standard run but slid off the table.

Sunday in JWW, I did a long lead out and did not anticipate where she would land and she ended up behind me and took off course jump. I decided that since she had already NQ'd, that we would work on our distance. She did some great work on her own and I left her weaving and ran to end of the weaves and did a front cross and was waiting on her to finish the rest of the course. That was the first time I have left her weaving and went on. I'm learning to trust her and our training. She earned a Q/1st in Excellent Standard. Beautiful run. We couldn't buy a Standard Q back in the summer and now she's doing them effortlessly. I didn't get bitch barked once on that course! As I was recording her results in her agility book, I noticed that she is getting faster. Every Standard Q run has increased in YPS by a quarter second. She's becoming quite the little agility dog!

We are on an agility break for the next 6-8 weeks. I am planning on more USDAA trials this coming year. Excited to get back to my 'roots'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment