Monday, January 13, 2014

A YEAR OF TITLES

2013 was a roller coaster year for us. As I think back on it, it seemed like we trialed all year long. But we didn't. This was the first year that Marley was on rest more than she competed. She basically competed in March, June and July. She earned 2 titles but I am more proud that I got to run with my girl. I love all my dogs and have special bonds with all of them, but Marley is my soul. I can never undo what was done to her in her first few weeks of life. I think that is why we are so connected. She needs me in a way none of my other girls do. I have had people tell me to retire her because she doesn't have a high Q rate or because she has her moments when she doesn't seem interested. But what people don't know is that I love to run with Marley. I never know what to expect with her, but whatever she does makes me happy. So I will run with Marley as long as she wants to run with me. And when her hips won't let her run anymore, she will still be my best buddy. Agility has just brought us closer, it doesn't define her.



Kalea-Kate competed almost 9 months and earned 8 titles in 2 different venues. She is improving each and every run. We are learning how to run together and she's teaching me to be a better handler.  I have big goals for KK. She's young and pretty inexperienced, and I don't think she will achieve our big goals this year. But I think 2015 as a 3 year old, she will have some big titles in front of her name! Regardless of when we get those big titles, we will continue running and learning together!

No comments:

Post a Comment