Monday, February 10, 2014

ANNUALS

I've gotten a little behind blogging so I've got a little catching up to do.


Because I'm nuts and it's easier for me, I take all 4 girls into the vet for their annuals on the same day. We take a late appointment and they are usually shutting down by the time we leave. They staff are always amazed at how under control all 4 of my dogs are. We get in the door calmly and everyone is usually chilled in the waiting room except for Marley who looks for a corner to hide.


Everyone is healthy and doing well. My two senior girls, Molly and Missy are doing well at almost 14 and 12 1/2 years old. They are getting some old girls bumps and Molly has some arthritis in her knee for which she is on daily meds for.


Kalea-Kate is in excellent health, just a little chubby. She doesn't have a waist, looks like a little sausage. This was her first vet appointment where she didn't do a blood curling scream during the blood draw and fecal. The vet 'noted' she's growing up. :)


Marley on the other had a mixed appointment. Her weight is good (getting ribby) and we discussed getting a few pounds off her for her hip health. Her hemangioma has not healed and we had to have it re-frozen. If it doesn't come off this time, she will have to have it surgically removed. Her wounds from the car accident have healed. The vet noted her hips are stiffer and he doesn't think it will be long before she's on daily pain meds. He looked at Molly and Missy and said ' Marley won't be like them at their age.' I really had to fight back the tears. I feel like we've been living under a dark cloud since her HD diagnosis and now that cloud is getting darker and closer.

I'm coming to terms that we aren't going to achieve her agility goals but I would give back every Q and every Title if it meant she wouldn't be in pain. I want so bad for her to know life without daily pain, but that's not going to happen. I can only love her and give her the best care possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment