Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BACK TO COLUMBIA

Marley has been having some hip popping and stiff walking. I put her back on daily Rimadyl a few weeks back. I took her in for hip X-rays 2 weeks ago. Her left hip has deteriorated some and my vet thinks we are at the point of surgical intervention. He doesn't want her on the treadmill anymore and added a mild narcotic as needed.

I had her X-rays sent to Columbia for a second opinion. They reviewed them and want to see her. We have an appointment set up for an evaluation with surgery scheduled for the next morning. I can't lie. When I saw the words 'surgery' in print, my stomach turned over. I've always known this day would come and I know it's in her best interest but it's still hard. But it's harder to see her playing and then just crawl under the table and sleep all evening and then hear her hips popping when she gets up. It's hard to medicate her everyday and to restrict her activity when she just wants to be Marley. I just want my best blue eyed girl to be happy and pain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment