Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NADAC Trial and Other Trials

Marley is entered in her first NADAC trial in Norman, OK. I am optimistic or crazy one because I entered her in 13 runs! She will have a blast! I am looking forward to a fun trial with my training group. A bunch of us are going so we will have tons of fun I'm sure.

I need to work more on my handling with her. I tend to babysit all the obstacles and she is ready to be given more permission to go on. I don't know why I babysit with her but I do and I need to stop it. Planning on working hard on that in the next couple of months.

We are entered in 2 AKC trials in April and May. I am thinking about pulling her from the May trial. I have had an overwhelming sense of dread since I got my confirmation. Once I had difficulty booking a motel room for that trial, I felt like an immediate weight was released. I won't make a final decision until closer to the trial date close.

I am planning on taking a break from trialing in May and June and then just do a limited number until fall. I plan on focusing on USDAA at this time. I need to pace Marley and keep her healthy. Plus I need to stay healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment