Monday, March 28, 2011

ANOTHER BUMP IN THE ROAD

We went to our first NADAC trial in OK this past weekend. Hands down it was the best fun I've ever had at a trial. Our training group went and it was so beneficial to have everyone there. I have been trialing alone for quite awhile so it was a welcomed change for me. I have found a fabulous group of people to train with and it has been wonderful for me.

Marley decided to act out this weekend. Handling her in the ring was a nightmare. We just aren't working together. It was not a good weekend for us. I was so frustrated. I ended up letting a friend handle Marley for half of Saturday and all of Sunday. He did a fabulous job with her. He had never handled Marley in agility before but he did phenomenal with her. He came close to Q'ing with her multiple times.

I'm now at another crossroad with her. Do I try to continue on with her or give up on her? I feel in my heart she can do it but then I have some doubts that creep in. I also feel that if I do give up on her that I am letting the people who told me "Marley is too much dog for you" win. If I do give up on her, do I get another dog and start again?

I have alot to think over but I do know that regardless of my decision, Marley will always be my baby and will always have a home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment