Wednesday, May 29, 2013

TIME DOES NOT HELP

People tell you after a loved one dies, that time will help with the loss. They lie. It does not help. My mom died almost 20 months ago and never does a day go by that I don't cry. It still hurts as much today as it did 20 months ago. I try my best to pretend that I'm ok, but the heartache is always present.


 I still cannot go to the cemetary without crying. We had my mom's headstone placed about a month ago. It felt like a dagger went through my heart when I stood at her grave 2 weeks ago and saw her name engraved in granite. My mom's baby brother died exactly 19 months to the day my mom died and being at his funeral was like reliving my mom's death all over again. It was all I could do to sit through the service. I bolted for the door as soon as I could. I felt like I could just scream from the pain and loss.


Sometimes I sit and look at my girls and wish my mom could see them again. To see how well they are. She would be on cloud 9 telling people about how Marley is the #1 dog in AR. She loved her grand dogs so much. She used to call to check and see if Molly was out on 'patrol' or if Missy was window watching. She would have loved Kalea-Kate....she's just so full of life!


Time does not help.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. We lost a friend our age several years ago to a brain tumor. It's just not something you ever get over.

    ReplyDelete