Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE!!

We had a great weekend in Springfield, MO last weekend running AKC agility. It was our first time running on turf but both dogs handled it well.


Marley was back to being her consistent self. She Q'd 3/4 runs and got another QQ. She wasn't nearly as fast as she usually is but the venue was a bit warm so I was just pleased she ran for me. I walked each course with Marley in mind and was proud that I didn't balk my handling of her. I just need to continue to believe in Marley and continue to believe I CAN run Marley the way she needs to be run. Marley isn't going to dazzle you with speed but she is going to put you in awe of her because she is such a happy girl and wants to make her Mommy happy!!


Miss Kalea-Kate ran like a veteran. She easily Q'd Novice Standard and I'm hopeful that we continue to do well and will finally get that Novice Standard Title. Her first time in Excellent JWW and I caused a bar by saying her name as she took off for jump and we had a few other bobbles. The second day in Excellent JWW, she ran 5 yps but took an off course at the very end. Back over in Novice Standard, her immaturity came out and well...we will get another try in Monroe this weekend. She just amazes me! She is so quiet and calm, even at the start line. Then she just explodes on the course. Off the course, she wants to tug and get a treat and she's back to being calm and cool. She is just a fantastic little dog!!

As good as the weekend felt, someone just had to rain on our parade. Some lady came over and talked to me a few times. She proceeded to tell me it took her 2 years to get through Novice, sped through Open and then spent 4 years in Excellent without ever getting a Q. So after KK ran Standard on Saturday, she felt the need to come up to me and say 'You had too many error to Q'. Really?? I don't even know her name and she didn't know mine, but she felt she could come up to me and say that?? My trainer has never had the audacity to say something like that and I pay her to be tough on me! I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. I could have been tacky and said 'I really enjoyed watching your JWW run, it was awesome how your dog took that tunnel, especially since that's the only obstacle the dog took'. But I didn't. I was the bigger and better person.

Oh, and to the person who questioned the fact that Marley got a QQ. Here ya' go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment