Tuesday, November 12, 2013

LITTLE ROCK LOWDOWN

Kate and I ran in our local AKC club's All Breed Agility Trial this first weekend in November. It was a good trial for us. She finished her Open FAST Title and got an Excellent Standard leg. She is in all Excellent classes after 6 months of trialing...not bad for a baby who just turned 2.

This trial really opened my eyes to how just the slightest shoulder rotation or a dropped hand can cause Kate to come in to me or take an off course. I am going to have to really concentrate on my handling skills. Distance will be our friend! I'm lucky that Kate has an awesome start line stay, because that is the only time I will be ahead of her on a course. She is so much fun to run! I can't wait to see where our journey takes us!


We have 2 more trials this year. USDAA next weekend and an AKC trial in early December. I have entered Marley in the AKC trial and am hopeful she will be able to compete. The USDAA trial should be fun as a lot of my training buddies are entered too. Trialing is so much fun when your real friends are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment