Monday, November 4, 2013

CARTHAGE CATCH UP

We ventured to Carthage, MO 2 weekends ago for some AKC agility. Just KK was entered. We had a good weekend. She earned her Open Standard Title and I moved her up the next day to Excellent Standard. She had a good Standard run with just some baby mistakes. Both of her Excellent JWW runs had some baby mistakes or handling errors on my part. I'm learning how to handle from the rear. I will never be able to run with KK like I do with Marley. There is no way I can front cross her in a jumpers run....to front cross you have to be ahead of your dog and that will not happen with KK.


 
I found the trial venue to be filthy. Animal excrement on the railings. No where decent to walk your dog. The venue was so disgusting that I would not bring my other dogs inside. I left them in the van. I could not risk Marley getting an infection in her paw from the filth. The trial secretary was not nice and unfortunately I had to speak to her several times. Carthage does not have much to choose from in terms of restaurants. There was a restaurant on the venue premises but after seeing how nasty the venue was, there was no way we would eat there. Carthage is at the bottom of my trial venues, I don't now if we will go there again.
 
On a positive note, we got to go to Precious Moments Chapel. It's changed some in the past 10 years. Unfortunately it's been hit by the bad economy. But it is such a peaceful place and I have such good memories of being there with my mom. We stayed at the Best Western Precious Moments motel and it was just as wonderful as I remember it. So the trip to Carthage was worth it.




1 comment: