Monday, March 31, 2014

WHERE YOU BELONG, MARLEY

I passed a truck on my way to work the other day advertising the garage where Marley was picked up as an 8 week old puppy. I couldn't help but wonder if that was the idiot that abused her and left her with permanent psychological damage. A defenseless puppy left in a ditch with a wound to her head. What kind of sicko abuses a puppy or any animal?

I came across this lyrics from the ABC Family show 'The Fosters'. I think it suits Marley.

It’s not where you come from,
 its where you belong,
nothing I would trade,
 I wouldn’t have it any other way,
you’re surrounded by love and you are wanted,
so never feel alone,
you are home with me right where you belong
(Kari Kimmel)

Marley needs me like none of my other dogs do. And I need her. My mom loved her Marley and I think about my mom a lot when it's just me and Marley. Makes me feel close to my mom. I remember things my mom used to say about Marley and it brings a smile to my face even as tears roll down my cheeks. Marley is where she belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment