Monday, May 12, 2014

ROUGH WEEK

Ever since my mom died, I dread all the holidays. They just aren't the same. May in particular is extremely hard for me. First I have to get through Mother's Day and I'm sorry that's hell for those of us that have lost our mother. I couldn't even stand to look at Facebook yesterday and see everyone with their mothers smiling knowing I will never have that opportunity again. It hurts, I can't lie. I cried off and on all day.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I dread it. I know I will go to her Facebook page and post something sappy but it will make me feel better. If I could just stay in bed all day under the covers, I would. But I have work requirements. It is also the day we dedicate my friend Jeanette's Chapel Chair and I have to speak. I'm just praying I can get through it.

I try to put on a brave face and try so hard to hide my emotions, but I know I may not be able to keep it all together tomorrow. My soul dog Marley must feel my anxiety because she just came over and laid down under my feet.

1 comment:

  1. I pray for strength for you to get through tomorrow while you honor those you have lost and have loved so much.

    ReplyDelete