Wednesday, April 30, 2014

DAM SHREVEPORT

KK and I went to Shreveport USDAA the weekend of April 18-20. We were asked to join a DAM (Dog Agility Masters) Team by a friend who has a well seasoned dog. I think I'm the only person in Central Arkansas competing in USDAA agility in the Championship division. So I knew KK and I might have trouble finding a DAM team for her ADCH requirements. I was very flattered to be asked and I of course had to think it over and with some encouragement from my friends, I decided to do it.

We ran with a Siberian Husky, Kamikazee and a Miniature Schnauzer, Dyson. I believe we were the only team without a Border Collie on it.

We started Friday with Gamblers and I was so nervous and KK fed off it. She was wild and doing her own thing. She even missed a weave pole, and we all know weaving is her favorite obstacle. But we held on and got points for the team. In individual Master Gamblers I sent her over an extra obstacle in the gamble but she got the gamble but was a NQ. Advanced Snooker. Advanced Snooker. It is going to be the death of me along with Advanced Standard. KK blew the teeter twice in the opening. Totally not like her. She is a very cautious teeter performer, so I was beyond stunned when I heard 'zero' yelled out. She finished but not with enough points. In Team Snooker we held our own and got through all four reds (2 of those were 7's) and made it to #5 in the close before time ran out. Our team was above the line at the end of day 1.

Day 2 started with Team Jumpers. KK got a refusal or 2 but no 'E' so I was pleased. In individual Master Jumpers she got a Q/3 even after I stepped on her foot and she screamed like a banshee. She also got a Q in Steeplechase and a Q/3 in Grand Prix. We ended with Team Standard and I think we got another refusal but got through it. At the end of day 2, our team was above the line and in 2nd place!

Sunday, Day 3 we started with Team Relay.  KK ran first and dropped a bar but everyone else got a fault too. We managed to hold it together as a team and we got Q/2nd!! That gave KK 3 Tournament Q's in 1 weekend!.


It was a good experience for us but I don't think I want to run DAM anytime soon again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment