Thursday, September 18, 2014

SEPTEMBER TEARS

September. A month I dread. Especially the last part of the month. It's been almost 3 years and the pain is still as fresh as it was in 2011. I literally sit and think about the last time I talked to my mom. I can tell you the last time I talked to her and what we talked about. It was September 22 and Grey's Anatomy was coming on TV. That was our last conversation. I would give anything to talk to her one more time.

 I still feel overwhelming guilt about taking her off the vent, even though I knew she was already gone. My good friend asked me how she could be there for me this month. I don't have an answer. I never know when the pain and tears are going to strike. They struck tonight.

People say time heals. They lie. At least for me, time hasn't healed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment