Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MARLEY'S SURGERY DATE

Marley's hip replacement surgery had been scheduled for Tuesday, October 14. I received word last Wednesday that they needed to move her surgery up due to the surgeon going out of town on the 14th. After some juggling with work, I was able to get off work and she is now scheduled for Thursday, October 9 at 8AM.

The next week is going to be rough. I have an agility seminar with KK this weekend that I am really looking forward to. I come back from the weekend and immediately have finals for my pediatric students. Wednesday is going to be a long day at work and then we have to leave for Columbia.
My dad is going to babysit my older girls and KK is staying with my friend/trainer for a week. Hoping she gets a little attitude adjustment while we are separated. I babied her all summer while she was so sick and she has gotten an attitude from all the pampering. I think the separation will be good for both of us.

So grateful that my best friend is able to go with me to Columbia. I know I am going to fall apart when they take Marley away from me and I need someone with me. I'm going to be a basket case the whole time she's in surgery and hospitalized.  I know she needs the surgery badly, but I'm still not ready. I don't think I will ever be ready. But I know it's in her best interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment