Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 IN REVIEW

2014 has come and gone. It was a year filled with many ups and downs and many, many bumps in the road.

KK started out the year earning multiple agility titles and her first DAM Q. I gave her a break from USDAA agility in April due to some table problems. I continued to run her in AKC agility to give her time to mature. Just as we were coming together as a team, she got deathly ill and we didn't know at one point if she would make it back to agility. She ended up diagnosed with ehrlicia and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and an adverse reaction to a steroid injection. She was out of commission for about 4 months. I entered her in a trial at the beginning of November and the old KK was back. Not her usual speed but her skills were back. We did a few more trials and she had some great successes. She ended her last day of her last trial for 2014 with her very first QQ.


Marley retired from agility in February due to worsening bilateral hip dysplasia. She had a right total hip replacement in October and has done great. She has just been the best patient ever. I thought she would give me fits being restricted so much, but she hasn't. She loves her crate and her evening X-pen. I have scheduled her left hip replacement for March 10. I'm hoping within a year, she can run pain free and maybe do some backyard agility.

Missy is 14 1/2 and is very healthy and active. She keeps the young dogs in check. Molly is slowing down at 13 1/2 and unfortunately has been attacked 3 times in her own yard by a neighbor's GSD that has required multiple stitches and drains. She hates being restricted to the house and backyard but until the GSD's owner does something with his vicious dog, I can't let her out in the front yard.

On a professional level, I quit the job I've had for almost 13 years and accepted an Assistant Professor position at UALR. It was the best career decision I've ever made. Only my real friends knew the real details on why I chose to leave. But I needed to go be happy and I am now. I was put in charge of the pediatric course after just 7 weeks of employment at UALR. I love the collegiate setting and the professionalism of it. I love that administration stands behind their employees and our work group is a tight knit group and has each other's backs.



Leaving my previous job caused me much pain. I was attacked and basically bullied via emails, texts, FB and even had a rumor started about me. I had to block 27 people from my FB just to get away from the drama. Keep in mind, these were grown women who were acting this way. Ridiculous!!

I struggled so much with my emotions and feelings this summer due to the work drama and the fact that KK got so deathly ill and Marley had major surgery. I had to dig deep and find internal strength to get through it all. Despite everything I endured, I found my strength and found someone who is my rock and holds me up when I need it.


 
I ended 2014 on a happy, positive note. I'm happy both personally and professionally. My girls are healthy and happy. I can't wait to see what 2015 holds!!
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment