Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FRACTURED

I have been diagnosed with a stress fracture of my femoral neck...aka cracked hip. No weight bearing and crutches for at least 4 weeks. I was sent to my endocrinologist for a work up to see if I'm osteopenic from the loss of my thyroid and parathyroids from my cancer in 2007. They are concerned that I've had 2 strange fractures in a year.

Marley has been pulled from the Berryville AKC agility trial and will probably be pulled from the Tulsa trial also. KK's agility starts back on Monday night and I will have to sit back and watch someone else work her. Lucky for her, her Manners Minder came in and I will start working her on that.

Marley is trying to be alpha in the house. She's been snarky to Molly twice lately and I fear we will have more scuffles as Molly and Missy age. I have to be on my toes with Marley.

It's hard just sitting around, not doing anything. You don't realize how much walking you do until you can't do it anymore. I don't know how my mom stood being wheelchair bound for years. I'm just on crutches and I'm already nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment