Wednesday, April 18, 2012

OK GOD, MY PLATE IS FULL!

I have been dealing with what was originally diagnosed as a right hip flexor muscle strain for over 6 weeks. I have been doing the prescribed NSAIDS, heat, and stretches as ordered. Unfortunately the pain has worsened and I am still limping.


I made the decision to run Marley at the GSKC Agility Trial in Memphis over the weekend. I had orginally entered Marley in 8 events. I pulled her from 5 and ran her in 3. She did a great Send in Open FAST but just missed the bottom A frame contact. But she was happy and running well for me.


She earned her first 2 legs in Excellent A Standard in her first 2 times in the Excellent ring. So proud of my blue eyes. She hasn't been to a class since before Monroe in March and I have been unable to practice with her due to my hip.


I am now scheduled for a contrast MRI of my right hip on Monday. I have been given a tenative diagnosis and so hope that diagnosis isn't the cause of the pain. If it is, our agility season is probably over for the year. I've already pulled Marley from a trial in early May. Will probably pull her from the others I had planned for her also.


I am so worried about Kalea-Kate's training. This is the time where she is a fearless little sponge and I don't want her to fall behind. Thankfully a good friend has agreed to be "my legs" in agility class until I am pain free.

I am waiting for the day when things fall into place for me. I have been through so much this past year and I deserve a break. Until then, I will just keep holding on and relying on my friends during the bad times. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. By George, I should be Super Woman soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment