Monday, July 16, 2012

SUMMER BREAK

Marley and Kalea-Kate are on a summer break from agility. Probably won't start back until September. It's just too hot and the potential for heat illness is too great.

My dad got our dogwalk up so KK and I are working on her 2o2o's. KK is also working hard on her teeter. She tends to want to jump off as soon as it bangs instead of waiting for me to give her the OK. Marley even did a fabulous 2o2o and she doesn't even do them anymore in a trial. I think she just wanted the cookie!! :) We will work some on agility this summer but probably not alot. There are so many things I can do with KK in the A/C. Marley and KK love to race doing sits and downs. Always try to make it fun for them. They do agility to please me so they should at least be happy doing it.

I was rethinking Marley's previous agility trials and realized she hasn't even done 20 trials yet in almost 2 years of trialing. I think we did so many trials last year that I thought we had done way more. We've only done a few this year so far and will only do a few more in the remaining months of this year. I didn't anticipate breaking my hip and that really set us back.

I used to be upset when others were trialing and we weren't. Even jealous when others were sharing their victories on FB and we were sitting at home. But my perspective has changed this year. It isn't about the winning, it's about the game and the experience getting there. I have been doing a mental management program and it has helped so much. It has given me a totally different way of thinking about agility and how to be successful and meet my goals.

It's no secret that I left one trainer for another and my new trainer was God sent for me and Marley and now KK. I've still harbored bad feelings about the previous trainer and my previous classmates. I can't help to have bad feelings when every time I watch video of Marley's first agility trial, I hear them talking about us in the background. I have to mute the video to watch it. I left the trainer not my classmates but that doesn't seem to matter. It also doesn't help when they ignore me at trials even when I go up to them and speak. So from now on, I will be polite to them in passing but I'm tired of being the bigger person and trying to get them to be friendly to me. I left for a reason...don't hold that against me. It had nothing to do with my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment