Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SUCCESS IN MONROE

We had a successful weekend in Monroe. Marley finished her Excellent A Standard in 3 out of 3 trips into the ring!! All with 1sts!! She paid attention to me and was such a great girl. I couldn't ask for a better agility partner. :)

Kalea-Kate did great! She was quiet in the motel and at the show site. I walked her around the venue and allowed different people to treat her. She loved it! My friend and I took her out into the lobby and practiced recalls with distractions. She did great. She loves everyone and every dog. She was snarked at by one dog at the motel and by another at the show site but both of those dogs are known to be snarky and always ready for a fight. We always steer clear of them. I won't have my dogs in danger b/c others have no control of their dog!

I opted to pull Marley from the USDAA trial this weekend. My hip feels great but we just aren't ready for that level of agility without practicing. I have also decided to pull her from group classes again. She has a complete meltdown when she's anywhere near a certain dog and I won't allow for her to be threatened. I have worked too  hard on Marley to get her where she's at and I won't have her fall back b/c of another dog.She's a gentle soul who's Momma is gonna stand up for her. Which is something I failed to do 3 years ago and I regret that decision everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment