Thursday, July 18, 2013

ANOTHER BUMP IN THE ROAD AND.......ANOTHER BREAK

It's been a rough few weeks for me. My good friend lost her battle with pancreatic cancer. She 'took care' of me during those dark months after my mom's death. She was the first one at my office door the day I came back to work after the funeral. She was there at the 6 mo anniversary. She was there for me. We only got to see her once after she went on medical leave and I'm so glad we had that time to be with her. She has left a huge hole in my heart and life.

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease this week. Early stage. At least we have answers for some of his symptoms. Hoping he can be independent for a long time.I'm going to have to add onto my house if he ends up living with me.

Then on Sunday, I broke my left little toe. I made it 16 months between breaks. At least this one was traumatic so I'm not too bothered by the break. It hurts, is very discolored and I can't bend it. I have yet to put on a 'real' shoe...plan on trying that tomorrow.

We have an agility trial this weekend but I'm pretty sure we will be ok. It's NADAC. Not a venue we plan on actively pursuing. It should be a good weekend though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment