Wednesday, July 31, 2013

SUMMER SLUMP

We've hit a summer slump. It's just miserably hot and humid and the thought of going outside to train makes me sweat. I quit taking KK to classes probably in May due to the heat. Marley never goes to class. I'm taking KK out for just a few minutes late, late evening and working on some distance skills with her. Marley has just lucked out and I haven't really done much of anything with her.

We have an AKC trial next weekend and then KK will do a USDAA trial in mid Sept. After that, no more trials until mid October. I'm hoping after vacation (Jekyll Island in late Sept.), we will get back into some classes or privates.

The broken toe can know be bent some, the pain has dulled. The pulled calf muscle is better, just can't walk uphill yet. Just trying to take it easy. I get my yearly thyroid (cancer) labs drawn mid month. I'm sure my Vitamin D and Calcium levels will be low.......maybe why my bones break often??

Missy is avoiding the heat at all costs. She sacks out on the sofa under the fan. Molly still goes out on patrol. Not as long, but she still goes. She comes in and cools off and then wants out again. I'm glad she's stayin active.

No comments:

Post a Comment