Saturday, July 13, 2013

OWN IT

This blog entry has been bugging me for a few weeks now. I'm getting so irritated at agility handlers who won't 'own it'. Own it meaning if you are actively trialing to earn your MACH or ADCH, OWN IT! Don't go around saying "I just do this for fun" and then seek out people to tell them you QQ or how many points you got. Just because I'm not trialing to get a MACH doesn't make your goal wrong. So OWN IT!!

And if I'm not good enough to talk to all day, then you can sure bet I don't appreciate it when you walk clear across the arena to tell me you Q'd. I'm glad for you but if I'm not good enough to be acknowledged all day, it just shows everyone how superficial you really are. The one time I decided to be superficial to you, you made such a rude comment back (I believe you were so jealous you couldn't stand it), that I don't have anything left for you. People aren't blind to the fact that you hang out with certain people at certain trials because it makes you 'look' better.

I may be a 'loner' at trials but that's me. I prefer to be with my real friends. People who actually like me and I like them. I don't spend time camped out at the rings critiquing others. I will watch from the stands and help out as needed. But I run agility to be with my best friends so you can bet I'm outside walking or playing with my best 4 legged friends!!

As for me OWNING IT, I am actively competing to put a ADCH and MACH on Kalea-Kate! I am trialing Marley to finish her MX titles. I OWN IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment