Thursday, December 2, 2010

THOUSANDS OF TEARS

The next couple of months were rough for us. Both Marley and Molly were entered in an agility trial. A week before the trial, Marley became lame and Xrays revealed that her hips had worsened. I was told to retire her and find a surgeon. Devastating news. I pulled her from the trial and took Molly.

Molly had a terrible time. The ring anxiety continued and she was also becoming wary of the judge. It was an awful experience for both of us.

I took Marley for a second and third opinion. Her hips, in their opinion, didn't need surgery at this time but would sometime in the future. I was advised to continue with her agility and to closely monitor her. She also required a minor surgery for another matter so she continued sitting out of agility.

For some stupid reason, I took Molly to another agility trial. Marley went too b/c she was just a few days post op and I needed to watch her. Molly did ok but it was obvious that she couldn't deal with the ring. Marley got into a squabble and of course it was with someone's dog whom I used to train with. Great, more disapproving looks.

These 2 months were the most awful I had experienced yet with Marley and Molly. Sure couldn't have predicted there would be an even worse time in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment