Monday, April 22, 2013

NOVICE DOG, BABY DOG

Little Miss Kalea-Kate is coming right along in her agility training and career. She just turned 18 mo. old and is now age eligible for my favorite agility venue, USDAA. We will probably try Franklin, TN USDAA in July. She will measure into Championship 22, so I have started throwing in some 22in jumps every so often. She's still young and I want to protect her body so she will just do random 22in jumps until the trial is close.

Miss KK has been in just 3 agility trials and is in Open JWW and Open FAST with Q's in both already. She earned both her Novice JWW and Novice FAST titles at 17 mo. Her first title came just 2 days after she turned 17 mo. Standard is giving us some trouble but I know it's just a small hurdle and we will get over it successfully. I actually enjoy being in Novice. I don't feel any pressure there. :)

We are on a trial hiatus until Memorial Day weekend. I'm hoping Marley will be cleared to compete by then. So during our hiatus, we are working hard on our distance, directionals (I think I could pay someone to teach those rights/lefts...arghh!), and me being able to run KK from the rear. I'm so used to reliable Marley who likes me to run the course with her and likes on side weaves and front crosses. There is absolutely no way I can run with KK. She's already averaging well over 4.3 yps which I think is pretty good for a novice dog and for a handler who has never handled such a fast dog. When we get it all together, I think we may be pretty good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment