Tuesday, April 30, 2013

OH, MARLEY

I'm still up tight about Marley. She goes back in less than 2 weeks for a recheck. After over 6 weeks of activity restrictions, I let her play out front with KK yesterday and she comes back in limping. Holding her left front leg up and was not weight bearing. I got a NSAID in her and she layed around the rest of the evening. Today she's weight bearing but she is walking stiff. I gave her another NSAID and totally restricted her activity.


I just don't get it. Why does she keep having this limping?? Left or right, she limps on one or the other. She has been Xrayed from nose to tail and nothing shows up. I rest her. Crate her. Monitor her. Medicate her. Massage her. Heating pads. Feed her high quality food. Keep her slim. Love her. But she keeps having this intermittent lameness.


Dog friends tell me to have her checked for Lyme Disease but she's been vaccinated and the only symptom she has is the limping, so I don't think that's it. We are currently at a 3rd vet and this one has been the most helpful.


I just want Marley not to hurt. To not know so much pain in her life. I want her to be whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment