Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ON HOLD

KK has a USDAA agility trial this weekend. It will be our last trial for awhile. Marley is staying home with Granddad and Molly and Missy. This will be the first time Marley hasn't been to an agility trial since KK started trialing. So it will be KK's first time traveling with me by herself. I'm interested in seeing how she does solo.


No pressure. Just going to go play with KK. We haven't done much training this summer due to the heat. We did venture out to agility class last night. It gave us a chance to run a full course...something we have only do at trials. I don't think we've been to class since May. KK and I have a lot to learn together. But I hope she has a long and healthy career.


I had a few trials planned for the fall but now with Marley's hip issues, I'm pulling entries. I'm sad that Marley's career is likely over. I can't help but think we got cheated. Cheated out of a long career. Cheated out of being healthy. Cheated. But I'm even more sad that I can't fix her without causing her even more pain. It's hard to see her lie in the same spot, nite after nite. She rarely plays with KK anymore. Just stays put and sleeps. She also stands in place for long periods of time. I feel like everything is on hold until after her ortho appointment. I'm just hoping for answers and treatment. I don't know if I can put her through a THR. I just don't know.


After this weekend, I'm finally going to take that break I've been talking about. I even went out and cleared all the equipment off the agility yard. The only thing left on the field is the dog walk and it has to stay where it is.

It's our time to get healthy....physically, mentally and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment