Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SHREVEPORT SUCCESS

KK and I went to Shreveport last weekend for an USDAA trial. It was our first trial that we went to without Marley. I was sad thinking that this may be our new reality. Marley may never get to trial again. KK started going to trials with us when she was about 8 months old so she could get used to the trial environment. I was a little worried about how she would do without Marley there, but KK is a little trooper and she did great.


Shreveport was very successful for us and I brought home homework. I felt that our handling was pretty good, lots of easy rear crosses. Kate only dropped one bar all weekend, but she decided that the down on the table was optional and her refusal to down cost us 2 Q's. This was the venue that she started refusing contacts so I was pleased she did her contacts....the table can be worked on.



KK earned 2 Starter Jumper Q's both with first places and her Starters Jumpers Title. She also earned her Starters Gamblers Title with a first. She earned her Gamblers Title 3 out of 3 runs. We also added another Starters Pairs Q with a first. My favorite game, Snooker, snookered us twice. I thought this judge had very challenging courses for Starters dogs. She had bad angles with most of her courses.


I enjoyed working the Master Standard and Snooker classes, especially the C22 classes. In my opinion, those are the fastest and most talented dogs. I took a lot away from that trial simply by working the ring and watching how handlers handled their fast dogs. I hope one day that Kate will be there with those C22 dogs.

We are taking a break from trialing and training until after we get back from the beach and after Marley is seen by Orthopedics. But I can't wait to get back to some USDAA agility!!

No comments:

Post a Comment