Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ANOTHER AGILITY YEAR IN THE BOOKS

Marley and I finished out our agility year in Haughton, La at the PawPrints AKC Agility Trial. It's a nice trial, with friendly people in a rustic setting.

Marley ran well. She finished her Open FAST Title and as I promised her, I will not enter her in any more FAST runs. I need to limit her trialing due to her hips. The sweet girl was coming off stiff hips and a sprained toe but you would have never known if you had seen her run!!

I cost her 2 Q's by pulling her off a jump. All my fault. I own it. It was very obvious in the video that I rotated my shoulders and she followed me. Good girl for watching Mommy, bad Mommy for queing her wrong. 2other runs she went blonde and took off courses and pretended that she didn't know what weaves were!!

She was so happy at this trial. She was a different dog. I think Marley is maturing and it is showing in our agility. I so enjoyed our time together.

So for our year in review: This year we did the fewest trials we've ever done. I was injured, then she was injured and so on. I retired her from USDAA agility and that was a difficult decision for me to make as it is my favorite venue. I decided if she was to continue to trial, we needed to switch over to an easier venue for Marley's body.  So over to AKC we jumped. She finished 3 AKC titles and is now competing at the top level of AKC agility.

One day everything is going to come together for Marley and me in our agility, and it's going to be phenomenal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment