Friday, December 28, 2012

MISSY LOU, PRINCESS DIVA

Little Miss Missy Lou is my Princess Diva! She firmly believes she should be served and waited on. I have always said she should have been adopted by a rich woman in NYC. She could have been pampered: dressed up, pushed around in a doggie stroller, and fed gourmet food in restaurants. I think she would have been great as a nursing home dog. I can see her prissing down the halls looking into rooms looking for someone napping and then hopping into their bed to nap. Then wandering down to the cafeteria to be hand fed.


But Missy was destined to me mine! She picked my home as hers while I was fostering her for CARE. She got along well with Molly and is a very easy dog. She's very tolerant and just wants to be included. She has been known to play on a rare occasion with Marley or KK but she prefers to be up on a chair or on the sofa....away from the boisterous play. I think she's part cat. She loves to be in a windowsill lying down watching the world and is known to crawl up on top of crates to sleep.


Missy is my only dog that I've never seriously trained. I took her through basic obedience and it wasn't for her. Then I tried her twice in agility and she really didn't like it either. She loved going to class with Molly and watching but just never had a desire to participate. I've taken her to agility trials with Molly and she literally slept all day in the crate while the trial was going on.


Little Missy loves exploring the outdoors on her own. She likes swimming in the lake on a hot day. At the beach she stays as far from the water as possible...she will however get a good nap in! She's an excellent chipmunk hunter. She once brought one to my front door. I told her no, she couldn't bring it in. She spat it out and it scampered away.


She is a real sweetheart!! I'm so glad she chose me to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment