Thursday, December 27, 2012

KALEA-KATE, THE WILD CHILD

Little Miss Kalea-Kate is a Wild Child! She is the friendliest little pup I have ever met. She gets up every morning happy with her whole little butt and tail just wagging. She delivers sweet puppy kisses to everyone she meets.


She came into my life during a very dark time for me. She has been a bright spot in my everyday life. She gave me a reason to keep going, to get out and go to training, to be around people. She makes me laugh and is a joy to train. You can just see the little wheels turning in her head as she learns something new. Even though she is an independent little girl, if she can't figure out what I'm asking her or if she gets it wrong, she will shut down and quit trying. I've had to learn how to make agility FUN for her all the time. She's like Marley in the aspect of I can't do drills with her. She will work for me but can't be drilled.


She is a fast and happy girl on the agility field. She will do distance work for me, which makes me so happy. She is a tugger and that is new for me. Marley prefers a cookie after her agility runs! So even though I don't have to run as much, the tugging at the end just about kills me. I think I should start lifitng weights. LOL!

Marley and KK are the best of friends. I had wanted to get a friend for Marley for awhile and am so glad I found KK on MO-KAN BC Rescue's website. Having Marley and KK roughousing in the house is loud and wild sometimes, but it does give Molly and Missy a chance to be the senior girls they are. They just get up on the couch or in a recliner and Thank God that they aren't having to do all that playing!   :)

I have lots of hopes and dreams for this baby. I had entered her in an agility trial in January 2013 but pulled her entry. I think that I'm putting pressure on myself to trial her and for her to be perfect in training and trialing. I've come to realize that I'm putting too much pressure on such a young pup and that's not fair to her. She doesn't get to decide her future and her longevity in agility, I DO. So I've decided to hold off trialing her until it feels right. Those close to me know all about things needing to 'feel right' for me in regards to agility. I don't know when she will trial, but when we do, it will be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment