Thursday, December 27, 2012

MARLEY ANN, LIVING UP TO HER NAME!

Marley is my blonde, blue eyed baby. The dog I apparently look like...a stranger at a trial once asked me if I dyed my hair to match Marley's!!


Sweet Marley that lives her life to the fullest! Even though she has chronic health problems, she always bounces back. Marley was diagnosed as a 22 month old with bialteral hip dysplasia. Unfortunately she has had several bad hip flare ups and has to be medicated and rested. Later the same year, she was diagnosed with a chronic GI condition that also flares up and has to be medically treated. Even through all the pain and tummy troubles, she just keeps going. She wants to be close to me and I love that. She sleeps beside me all night long...her butt has to be touching my ribs all night.


Marley is a sweet soul. She has few people and dogs that she trusts and loves. She loves her mommy and her sisters. KK and Marley spend alot of time with each other playing. They are great for each other. Being able to play with another dog is a great outlet for all of Marley's energy.


Marley was to be my new star in agility. The independent dog who would do distance work for me.  Unfortunately we didn't get the training we needed early in her career and are paying for it now. After switching up her training, we have pushed on and I am so happy of how far she's come. Marley is running at the Masters level in AKC and was at the Advanced/Masters level in USDAA before I retired her from USDAA.

I will continue to trial Marley in AKC as long as she's able and willing. I don't trial near as much as I used to... I have to baby Marley's hips. I've accepted that Marley probably never get a PACH or PDCH, and I'm fine with that. I just don't think her hips will hold out and I just don't want to push her that hard.


Every run I get to share with my Marley is like earning that PACH!! I love my blue eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment